1. JOURNALING - I slowly started journaling on a gorgeous journal I purchased from RAVENPRESSCO.com that helps me deal with anything I'm stressing over that I don't feel comfortable sharing with others. It relaxes me, and allows me to reflect on exactly how and what I'm feeling at the moment. Usually after I put an entry about something that has stressed me out, I usually get a clear picture about what it is, and how it's usually 99% not worth stressing over. Try it! Grab yourself a gorgeous journal that you can't live without and start jotting down those feelings.
2. MY GEMS - I have a fairly medium-large collection of healing crystals that I've started collecting over the past few years and I find that just carrying one with me helps ground me and relax me. I remember the qualities the healing stone has and the vibrations of the crystals help areas of the imbalance, restoring a positive state where any of my imbalance or stress has occurred. The effects of crystal healing at the emotional and psychological levels are subtle but I find that meditating with them and refreshes and restores my energy. (Above is a photo of a few crystals I currently own, I have a lot more, but I'll show them off another day...hehe)
3. CANDLES, CANDLES, CANDLES! - I love CANDLES! Aromatherapy can help in reducing stress and anxiety after a crazy day at work. Pick your favorite scent, grab a book, put your fur baby beside you, dim the lights and relax. I always try to light a candle at night for an hour or so before bed , it helps me get into relaxation mode, just in time for a good night's rest. I love these candles by CHARLESTON & HARLOW.. they are everything the packaging says...utterly fragrant and simply luxurious! My favourite scent is definitely Moscato Mondays ! Yummy....
4. MUSIC MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND - I find nothing more relaxing than playing throwbacks from the 70s, 80s & 90s. Nothing puts me in a better mood than reminiscing about the good ol' days, don't you agree? Also, you'll probably think I'm crazy but have you ever heard the Gladiator movie soundtrack? Now that is definitely one of my faves to listen to when I'm trying to get into a super RELAXATION MODE! I remember listening to it all throughout university (8 years ish' ago...now I'm dating myself aren't I) when I'd study. The song "Now We Are Free" was definitely on repeat lol.
5. SPENDING TIME WITH LOVED ONES - Nothing brings more happiness to my hear than spending time with my loved ones. And that's that.