I'm only going to post 1 photo to show/tell you all my BIG BIG BIGGGGG news..
...................and no, those aren't tacos in my belly...lol... I'm pregnant! Ayyyyyyeeeee! SO HAPPY YA'LL!
If you're one of the handful of people in the world that isn't familiar with the song title above...... I'm headed BACK TO NEEWWWW YOOOOOORKKKK !
Photo Source: Lonely Planet
New York. Just saying the city name out loud gives the good vibe chills. It's truly one place in the world I feel the most alive! Could it possibly be because of the popular slogan "The city that never sleeps?" I absolutely love everything about this city. The buildings, the gorgeous apartment/condo architecture, the food, the people, the life.
I will definitely be making a longer, more elaborate blog post about what I actually did when I get back from my trip. Whenever I visit this fabulous city, I typically visit my favorite restaurants that I've been to before, as well as check out a few new ones that I've heard about! Here are a few places off the top of my head that I intend to go to:
1. Joes Shanghai - For their amazing soup dumplings! I can't not go here every time I'm in the city.
2. Koko Wings - For their famous Korean crispy chicken wings! My cousin Andre who lives in New York took me here when I was in town for NYFW last September.
3. Brooklyn (Williamsburg) - To do a little local shopping & eating ;)
4. Centruy 21 - Best high end department store everrrrr. Everything from Furla bags to DVF dresses! The list goes on! Just think of Winners, on steroids, with better brands!
5. UNIQLO - Is a clothing store that was founded in Japan, and sells an array of beautiful high quality basic clothing! I absolutely love this store and plan on spending most of my mula here lol.
6. Tribeca Film Festival - Hoping to score some last minute tickets!
Now I can't tell you the other things I plan on doing there....but I can tell you that it'll be on my next blog post! Trust me...this one you'll want to read !
1. JOURNALING - I slowly started journaling on a gorgeous journal I purchased from RAVENPRESSCO.com that helps me deal with anything I'm stressing over that I don't feel comfortable sharing with others. It relaxes me, and allows me to reflect on exactly how and what I'm feeling at the moment. Usually after I put an entry about something that has stressed me out, I usually get a clear picture about what it is, and how it's usually 99% not worth stressing over. Try it! Grab yourself a gorgeous journal that you can't live without and start jotting down those feelings.
2. MY GEMS - I have a fairly medium-large collection of healing crystals that I've started collecting over the past few years and I find that just carrying one with me helps ground me and relax me. I remember the qualities the healing stone has and the vibrations of the crystals help areas of the imbalance, restoring a positive state where any of my imbalance or stress has occurred. The effects of crystal healing at the emotional and psychological levels are subtle but I find that meditating with them and refreshes and restores my energy. (Above is a photo of a few crystals I currently own, I have a lot more, but I'll show them off another day...hehe)
3. CANDLES, CANDLES, CANDLES! - I love CANDLES! Aromatherapy can help in reducing stress and anxiety after a crazy day at work. Pick your favorite scent, grab a book, put your fur baby beside you, dim the lights and relax. I always try to light a candle at night for an hour or so before bed , it helps me get into relaxation mode, just in time for a good night's rest. I love these candles by CHARLESTON & HARLOW.. they are everything the packaging says...utterly fragrant and simply luxurious! My favourite scent is definitely Moscato Mondays ! Yummy....
4. MUSIC MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND - I find nothing more relaxing than playing throwbacks from the 70s, 80s & 90s. Nothing puts me in a better mood than reminiscing about the good ol' days, don't you agree? Also, you'll probably think I'm crazy but have you ever heard the Gladiator movie soundtrack? Now that is definitely one of my faves to listen to when I'm trying to get into a super RELAXATION MODE! I remember listening to it all throughout university (8 years ish' ago...now I'm dating myself aren't I) when I'd study. The song "Now We Are Free" was definitely on repeat lol.
5. SPENDING TIME WITH LOVED ONES - Nothing brings more happiness to my hear than spending time with my loved ones. And that's that.
I've been working as a flight attendant for almost 10 years (this August..omg!) and take it from someone who lives out of a suitcase, it is not pleasant when you forget a necessity at home. These 20 travel necessities I'm about to list will definitely help you in your next travels. You likely won't think of bringing some of these items, which is why I'm here to help!! So let's get started :)
1. LAVENDER OIL - BED BUGS, BED BUGS, BED BUGS. They hate the smell of lavender which is why I always pack a bottle of distilled water, a bottle of lavender oil and a small spray bottle where I can mix the two items. Who wants to bring bed bugs home from a trip? NOT ME! Lavender not only smells amazing (for most people) but it's also a relaxant. I take my mixture and literally spray all around the mattress on the bed in my hotel room and on my headboard! I keep this bottle with me at all times on my night stand.
2. SOCKS - I always bring atlas 3 pairs of comfy warm socks with me when I travel (even at hotspot vacations ) because you never know if you can control the temp in your hotel room. God forbid all the other rooms are taken and you can't switch rooms but this has happened to me. I was literally freezing my ass off in my hotel room and all I could think about was warm socks to wear. Also....it can get quite chilly on the airplane.
3. HOODIES - Bring at least 1 hoodie. SAME REASON as #2.
4. PLASTIC BAGS - For dirty clothes, dirty shoes, wet bathing suits etc. Most hotels will provide a laundry bag in the closet for your convenience but I've never used the laundry service in a hotel room so I tend to just grab the plastic laundry bag of my dirty clothes.
5. EAR PLUGS - For those animals who like to party in the hotel room next door to you the evening before you have an early wakeup call. Ear plugs also help those who's ears tend to plug up when you're at decent (landing) .
6. HAND SANITIZER or WET ONES - Because really, who wants to get sick on vacation?
7. BAND AIDS - For those who love to walk, this will be your life saver! I went to New York Fashion week this past September and I don't think I would have survived the 4 nights of walking in New York without these babies. I didn't want anything to hold me back...especially blisters!
8. FOLDABLE/ ROLLABLE WINTER COATS - You know those really thin parkas you see people wearing almost everywhere (except tropical areas) . These jackets are SO handy !! I purchased one from Costco a few years ago and I absolutely love it. It can literally be rolled to the size of a tiny pillow that can fit into any tote bag. These packable down parkas can even be worn under another jacket (if you're really cold). Do know how comfy these jackets are on the airplane? COMFY. Especially when you get that breeze from the roof of the aircraft when you don't want it.
9. FLIP FLOPS - I'm not talking flip flops for just the beach. I'm talking flip flops for that hotel room of yours. You can do the imagining.
10. POLYESTER or CANVAS FOLDABLE/ROLLABLE TOTE BAGS - I'm all about convenience and compacting my items lol. I don't like to carry a lot of mumbo jumbo with me when I'm travelling and walking around big cities. These foldable and rollable bags are so handy! You can throw all your shopping items, jackets, food, towels, beach toys etc in these bags and you don't have to worry about it breaking down like a plastic store bag.
Warm or cold, these travel necessities will hopefully save you like they saved me! And there you have it folks! Let me know if you enjoyed reading this blog post and if you'd like to see more posts on travelling! Until next time! Keep fit and have fun ;)