Autumn. The season of pumpkin spice latte everything, halloween costumes flooding the stores and cooler weather. I love it. Here in Winnipeg, we only get a good 1 -2 months of fall, and then BAM ...winter storms hit our streets with a vengeance. I'm a huge lover of fall fashion and couldn't wait until it was cool enough to layer a cardigan over an outfit.
If you're on a budget and want to learn how to incorporate your summer wardrobe into fall, then keep reading! Here are my 7 tips to incorporating your summer pieces to make beautiful fall outfits!
1. Layer, layer, layer. Put aside the dresses that fall into the basic colors like grey, cream, black, white, navy and burgundy. These dresses can easily be incorporated into any fall wardrobe by adding on a chunky knit sweater, booties and your favourite fall scarf.
2. Opaque stockings. This tip coincides with the first one, by simply adding it to any basic colored summer dress! If you don't want to pull the black opaque stockings out yet, have fun with this tip by switching up the colors to fall colours ike amber, burnt orange, burgundy, browns and even emerald green. Put a little color into your life :)
3. Invest in a statement fall jacket. I purchased my favourite statement heather grey, wool, fall/winter coat from Club Monaco 7 years ago and it is still in pristine condition. If you're sick and tired of black coats, opt for greys, camel colors, burgundy and emeralds! And if by chance you're not into the wool coat look, invest in a good quality moto jacket, a fall trench coat or a well tailored blazer. Any of these jackets are perfect layering pieces for any fall outfits . It'll automatically give you the autumn feels.
4. Pops of color. By adding a few fall colored accessories to your outfits, it'll definitely give the fall vibes to any outfit! Perhaps layering your favourite lightweight infinity scarf, allowing your fall coloured socks to peek a boo out of your boots or simply adding dark coloured jewels to the mix. You can't go wrong with either one of these suggestions :)
5. Vampy lips! This isn't really transitioning a summer look to fall, but I'm sure you still have that fall/winter lipstick kicking around that you can't wait to throw on! I am so excited to pull out my burgundy lippies! There's something about it that is just so satisfying. One of my favourite maroon lipsticks is from NYX's matte cream lipstick line in the color Copenhagen! It's a small price to pay to snag that ultimate fall makeup look!
6. Layering long sleeved tops under dresses. Are you into this trend? It was definitely huge in the early 90s when I was growing up and I'm so happy that it's back! I love the trend of wearing turtle necks and tight long sleeved tops under my dresses, you can still feel girly and warm at the same time! Try it out for yourself :)
7. Accessorize your fall hats with your dresses and cardigans! It's time to pull out that wide brimmed black hat and put it to good use, this hat is a must have fall piece that will keep you warm and looking chic all at the same time! H&M carries a lot of these hats if you're a diva on a budget!
I hope you enjoyed these tips dolls! Until next time...