Whether you have dry skin, oily skin, combination skin, sensitive skin or acne prone skin, it's crucial to always have a good skin care routine. I'm excited to share with you some of my well kept skin care secrets to having clear skin! Here are a few of my feel good skin care tips ! Take these into account for your day to day skin care regimen !
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! I know you've heard it before, but I can't stress enough how important drinking water is for your skin! Did you know that water keeps your skin looking and feeling plump? It plays a huge role in getting rid of nasty toxins in your skin and also helps prevent acne! Drink up my friends.... water that is!
2. Make sure to find a good cleanser. When cleansing your face, it is important that ALL of the dirt and impurities are removed before bed. The only way to test a good cleanser is using toner after you've cleansed your face and seeing what's left behind on the cotton pad. Leaving any dirt or residue from your makeup or environmental factors can lead to breakouts! If you're on a budget, I recently a moisturizer that won't break the bank. Try CERAVE daily cleanser! My friend Katie informed me that it's much cheaper to purchase it at Costco! I've been using this cleanser for roughly 3 months and I absolutely love it. Dermatologists recommend it and it also contains ceramics with hyaluronic acid that helps keep your skin looking young and plump. You can't go wrong with an amazing cleanser that costs less than $11.00 !
3. Use a jade roller! I decided to purchase the jade roller 2 years ago when I saw one of my favorite fashionista use it in one of her videos ( @BagSnob ). I've been loving it since day 1 ! I've been rolling it on my face in the evening before bed and I truly feel like it has helped my skin look youthful! It helps with blood circuclation, de-puffs eye bags and as well as helps the absorption of my serums and night creams. How to use a jade roller : gently roll over entire face and neck once your've put on your serum in a gentle back and forth motion. I found my jade roller on Amazon. You can also find inexpensive ones on Ebay :) TIP : Keep your jade roller in the fridge! The cool feeling does wonders on your skin! Try it, you won't regret it.
4. Apply your moisturizer with a flat foundation brush. I know, I know, this is an extra step you really don't want to do when you're in a rush. But trust me! Your skin will thank you in the long run! All that pulling that's being done by your finger tips is only causing more unnecessary WRINKLES. The brush will gently move the moisturizer around your face without all that added pulling.
5. Maskin and relaxin. It's really important to do a face mask on your skin at least once a week. It helps unclog your pores, hydrate the skin, cleanse the impurities left behind on the skin and it is very relaxing! Do yourself a favor and mask it, light up a candle and pour yourself a big glass of wine. You deserve it!
6. Moisturizers with SPF. Sunscreen plays a huge part in preventing skin care damage and wrinkles! Without using sunscreen for even a year is enough to cause major sun damage. It's important to find the right facial moisturizer with sunscreen in it for your skin type. Ask the gals at the counter which one will best suit your skin type! If you love to bake in the sun, maybe it's best incorporate a few "fake and bake" days so you don't add unnecessary damage to your skin. Make sure you're dousing your face with SPF moisturizer during the hot summer days at the beach! Some of you may read this and still won't bother buying a moisturizer with SPF in it... lol. Well, can you at least purchase a foundation or face powder that has SPF in it? Maybe a BB Cream or a CC cream with SPF in it? Hate me now, but you'll thank me later.
7. Massage your face. When putting on your daily moisturizers, very gently massage your face with he tips of your fingers in circular motions. This will help circulate the blood flow that gives you that natural glow! It also drives oxygen to that area which plays a key role for of anti aging.
I hope you all enjoyed my skin care tips! Please give me the ins on some of your skin care secrets, I'm always on the hunt for ways to better my skin care regimen!