I've been working as a flight attendant for almost 10 years (this August..omg!) and take it from someone who lives out of a suitcase, it is not pleasant when you forget a necessity at home. These 20 travel necessities I'm about to list will definitely help you in your next travels. You likely won't think of bringing some of these items, which is why I'm here to help!! So let's get started :)
1. LAVENDER OIL - BED BUGS, BED BUGS, BED BUGS. They hate the smell of lavender which is why I always pack a bottle of distilled water, a bottle of lavender oil and a small spray bottle where I can mix the two items. Who wants to bring bed bugs home from a trip? NOT ME! Lavender not only smells amazing (for most people) but it's also a relaxant. I take my mixture and literally spray all around the mattress on the bed in my hotel room and on my headboard! I keep this bottle with me at all times on my night stand.
2. SOCKS - I always bring atlas 3 pairs of comfy warm socks with me when I travel (even at hotspot vacations ) because you never know if you can control the temp in your hotel room. God forbid all the other rooms are taken and you can't switch rooms but this has happened to me. I was literally freezing my ass off in my hotel room and all I could think about was warm socks to wear. Also....it can get quite chilly on the airplane.
3. HOODIES - Bring at least 1 hoodie. SAME REASON as #2.
4. PLASTIC BAGS - For dirty clothes, dirty shoes, wet bathing suits etc. Most hotels will provide a laundry bag in the closet for your convenience but I've never used the laundry service in a hotel room so I tend to just grab the plastic laundry bag of my dirty clothes.
5. EAR PLUGS - For those animals who like to party in the hotel room next door to you the evening before you have an early wakeup call. Ear plugs also help those who's ears tend to plug up when you're at decent (landing) .
6. HAND SANITIZER or WET ONES - Because really, who wants to get sick on vacation?
7. BAND AIDS - For those who love to walk, this will be your life saver! I went to New York Fashion week this past September and I don't think I would have survived the 4 nights of walking in New York without these babies. I didn't want anything to hold me back...especially blisters!
8. FOLDABLE/ ROLLABLE WINTER COATS - You know those really thin parkas you see people wearing almost everywhere (except tropical areas) . These jackets are SO handy !! I purchased one from Costco a few years ago and I absolutely love it. It can literally be rolled to the size of a tiny pillow that can fit into any tote bag. These packable down parkas can even be worn under another jacket (if you're really cold). Do know how comfy these jackets are on the airplane? COMFY. Especially when you get that breeze from the roof of the aircraft when you don't want it.
9. FLIP FLOPS - I'm not talking flip flops for just the beach. I'm talking flip flops for that hotel room of yours. You can do the imagining.
10. POLYESTER or CANVAS FOLDABLE/ROLLABLE TOTE BAGS - I'm all about convenience and compacting my items lol. I don't like to carry a lot of mumbo jumbo with me when I'm travelling and walking around big cities. These foldable and rollable bags are so handy! You can throw all your shopping items, jackets, food, towels, beach toys etc in these bags and you don't have to worry about it breaking down like a plastic store bag.
Warm or cold, these travel necessities will hopefully save you like they saved me! And there you have it folks! Let me know if you enjoyed reading this blog post and if you'd like to see more posts on travelling! Until next time! Keep fit and have fun ;)