The first time I witnessed a makeup blogger use the RCMA powder on themselves, I knew I had to try it. They described it as being the best "new" translucent powder on the market for an affordable price of $8.99 USD for a 3 oz bottle. I've been using the Laura Mercier translucent powder for a few years now and I couldn't find a product to replace it. With that being said, paying the $55.00 CAD for a 1 oz jar was definitely starting to put a dent in my wallet. When I realized how much I was paying for this HG powder, I knew it was time to start looking at other options. People have raved over this product for years now! I've seen it in so many beauty guru flat lays and popular makeup bloggers advertising it like nobody's business. In time, I knew I had to get my hands on a bottle.
I purchased the RCMA translucent "no color" loose powder off of beautylish.com. I received the package in roughly 10 business days, and couldn't wait to bake with it!
I typically wear my Loreal Pro Matte foundation , then set it and bake with my Laura Mercier translucent powder right after I apply my foundation. I wanted to write this review a month after receiving he product because we are currently in the middle of a seasonal weather change and my skin tends to go bipolar during these weeks. It was the only way of doing a fair review on the two products.
Verdict: The RCMA no color powder DOES NOT compare to the Laura Mercier translucent powder in my personal opinion. It may make as a great every day powder to bake with especially when you don't want to waste your LM powder, however I did not find that my face looked flawless in this powder. After 5-6 hours after I've applied it the oils in my skin overpowered the powder with shiny spots on my t-zone. I also found that the although it states it is "no color" , I found that the white powder shows as white on my skin and not so much translucent if not strategically dusted off. I don't usually have a problem with dusting off my LM powder after I bake but I find that if I do wear my RCMA powder, it's imperative that I need to be careful and really go in with brushes to dust off every bit of powder off my face, or it'll leave a white streak. I've baked with the Laura Mercier powder at 8am in the heat of summer, and has my makeup stayed flawless until midnight.
Overall, I'll still continue to use my RCMA powder because frankly I don't want it to go to waste. Will I purchase it again? I'm actually not too sure....I guess we'll have to see how I feel when I finish or if I finish the bottle I already have.
Have you tried the RCMA powder? Maybe I'm doing something wrong and not getting the results I should be getting? Please share your experience with it, I'd love to hear your techniques!! Thanks for popping by!
I'm only going to post 1 photo to show/tell you all my BIG BIG BIGGGGG news..
...................and no, those aren't tacos in my belly...lol... I'm pregnant! Ayyyyyyeeeee! SO HAPPY YA'LL!
If you're one of the handful of people in the world that isn't familiar with the song title above...... I'm headed BACK TO NEEWWWW YOOOOOORKKKK !
Photo Source: Lonely Planet
New York. Just saying the city name out loud gives the good vibe chills. It's truly one place in the world I feel the most alive! Could it possibly be because of the popular slogan "The city that never sleeps?" I absolutely love everything about this city. The buildings, the gorgeous apartment/condo architecture, the food, the people, the life.
I will definitely be making a longer, more elaborate blog post about what I actually did when I get back from my trip. Whenever I visit this fabulous city, I typically visit my favorite restaurants that I've been to before, as well as check out a few new ones that I've heard about! Here are a few places off the top of my head that I intend to go to:
1. Joes Shanghai - For their amazing soup dumplings! I can't not go here every time I'm in the city.
2. Koko Wings - For their famous Korean crispy chicken wings! My cousin Andre who lives in New York took me here when I was in town for NYFW last September.
3. Brooklyn (Williamsburg) - To do a little local shopping & eating ;)
4. Centruy 21 - Best high end department store everrrrr. Everything from Furla bags to DVF dresses! The list goes on! Just think of Winners, on steroids, with better brands!
5. UNIQLO - Is a clothing store that was founded in Japan, and sells an array of beautiful high quality basic clothing! I absolutely love this store and plan on spending most of my mula here lol.
6. Tribeca Film Festival - Hoping to score some last minute tickets!
Now I can't tell you the other things I plan on doing there....but I can tell you that it'll be on my next blog post! Trust me...this one you'll want to read !
1. JOURNALING - I slowly started journaling on a gorgeous journal I purchased from RAVENPRESSCO.com that helps me deal with anything I'm stressing over that I don't feel comfortable sharing with others. It relaxes me, and allows me to reflect on exactly how and what I'm feeling at the moment. Usually after I put an entry about something that has stressed me out, I usually get a clear picture about what it is, and how it's usually 99% not worth stressing over. Try it! Grab yourself a gorgeous journal that you can't live without and start jotting down those feelings.
2. MY GEMS - I have a fairly medium-large collection of healing crystals that I've started collecting over the past few years and I find that just carrying one with me helps ground me and relax me. I remember the qualities the healing stone has and the vibrations of the crystals help areas of the imbalance, restoring a positive state where any of my imbalance or stress has occurred. The effects of crystal healing at the emotional and psychological levels are subtle but I find that meditating with them and refreshes and restores my energy. (Above is a photo of a few crystals I currently own, I have a lot more, but I'll show them off another day...hehe)
3. CANDLES, CANDLES, CANDLES! - I love CANDLES! Aromatherapy can help in reducing stress and anxiety after a crazy day at work. Pick your favorite scent, grab a book, put your fur baby beside you, dim the lights and relax. I always try to light a candle at night for an hour or so before bed , it helps me get into relaxation mode, just in time for a good night's rest. I love these candles by CHARLESTON & HARLOW.. they are everything the packaging says...utterly fragrant and simply luxurious! My favourite scent is definitely Moscato Mondays ! Yummy....
4. MUSIC MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND - I find nothing more relaxing than playing throwbacks from the 70s, 80s & 90s. Nothing puts me in a better mood than reminiscing about the good ol' days, don't you agree? Also, you'll probably think I'm crazy but have you ever heard the Gladiator movie soundtrack? Now that is definitely one of my faves to listen to when I'm trying to get into a super RELAXATION MODE! I remember listening to it all throughout university (8 years ish' ago...now I'm dating myself aren't I) when I'd study. The song "Now We Are Free" was definitely on repeat lol.
5. SPENDING TIME WITH LOVED ONES - Nothing brings more happiness to my hear than spending time with my loved ones. And that's that.
I've been working as a flight attendant for almost 10 years (this August..omg!) and take it from someone who lives out of a suitcase, it is not pleasant when you forget a necessity at home. These 20 travel necessities I'm about to list will definitely help you in your next travels. You likely won't think of bringing some of these items, which is why I'm here to help!! So let's get started :)
1. LAVENDER OIL - BED BUGS, BED BUGS, BED BUGS. They hate the smell of lavender which is why I always pack a bottle of distilled water, a bottle of lavender oil and a small spray bottle where I can mix the two items. Who wants to bring bed bugs home from a trip? NOT ME! Lavender not only smells amazing (for most people) but it's also a relaxant. I take my mixture and literally spray all around the mattress on the bed in my hotel room and on my headboard! I keep this bottle with me at all times on my night stand.
2. SOCKS - I always bring atlas 3 pairs of comfy warm socks with me when I travel (even at hotspot vacations ) because you never know if you can control the temp in your hotel room. God forbid all the other rooms are taken and you can't switch rooms but this has happened to me. I was literally freezing my ass off in my hotel room and all I could think about was warm socks to wear. Also....it can get quite chilly on the airplane.
3. HOODIES - Bring at least 1 hoodie. SAME REASON as #2.
4. PLASTIC BAGS - For dirty clothes, dirty shoes, wet bathing suits etc. Most hotels will provide a laundry bag in the closet for your convenience but I've never used the laundry service in a hotel room so I tend to just grab the plastic laundry bag of my dirty clothes.
5. EAR PLUGS - For those animals who like to party in the hotel room next door to you the evening before you have an early wakeup call. Ear plugs also help those who's ears tend to plug up when you're at decent (landing) .
6. HAND SANITIZER or WET ONES - Because really, who wants to get sick on vacation?
7. BAND AIDS - For those who love to walk, this will be your life saver! I went to New York Fashion week this past September and I don't think I would have survived the 4 nights of walking in New York without these babies. I didn't want anything to hold me back...especially blisters!
8. FOLDABLE/ ROLLABLE WINTER COATS - You know those really thin parkas you see people wearing almost everywhere (except tropical areas) . These jackets are SO handy !! I purchased one from Costco a few years ago and I absolutely love it. It can literally be rolled to the size of a tiny pillow that can fit into any tote bag. These packable down parkas can even be worn under another jacket (if you're really cold). Do know how comfy these jackets are on the airplane? COMFY. Especially when you get that breeze from the roof of the aircraft when you don't want it.
9. FLIP FLOPS - I'm not talking flip flops for just the beach. I'm talking flip flops for that hotel room of yours. You can do the imagining.
10. POLYESTER or CANVAS FOLDABLE/ROLLABLE TOTE BAGS - I'm all about convenience and compacting my items lol. I don't like to carry a lot of mumbo jumbo with me when I'm travelling and walking around big cities. These foldable and rollable bags are so handy! You can throw all your shopping items, jackets, food, towels, beach toys etc in these bags and you don't have to worry about it breaking down like a plastic store bag.
Warm or cold, these travel necessities will hopefully save you like they saved me! And there you have it folks! Let me know if you enjoyed reading this blog post and if you'd like to see more posts on travelling! Until next time! Keep fit and have fun ;)
I've been seeing these oval brushes everywhere on social media for the past 2-3 years and I was so adamant on trying them until they were gifted to me by a good friend of mine! And let me tell you... I am so happy to tell you all that THE HYPE IS REAL!
These brushes are extremely dense and soft making the application of your foundation quite flawless! You do have blend your foundation in really well or it could leave minor streaks. I did find it didn't work well with my Loreal Pro Matte Foundation because I find that this specific foundation dries quickly more than others. However having said that, it worked extremely well with my Loreal Pro Glow, leaving a flawless finish! This particular set came with 10 different brushes that can be used to blend your shadows, cream contours or foundation. You can find these sets on Amazon and Ebay for $12-$300 depending on the brand and how many brushes it came with. This particular set of 10 came from Amazon and was roughly $15 CAD according to my friend who gifted it to me and it is AMAZING. You'd think this set would have at least cost $150 from it's amazing quality. I found al ink on the MAC website (http://www.maccosmetics.ca/product/13805/28045/products/brushes-tools/brushes/face-brushes/oval-6-brush ) where they sold ONE of their blending oval brushes for a whopping $51 CAD. That is ridiculous! You can get this amazing set of 10 for that price, 3 sets never mind! This brush set from Amazon is an amazing DUPE girls, get on it!
This brush (photo above) is the second largest brush in the set, and I typically use it for my Loreal Pro Glow foundation, It gets in the crevices nicely, and I was extremely surprised that I didn't need my beauty blender to touch it up!
These 2 small brushes are thin, dense and have a nice edge that make it perfect for contouring on your nose !! Then blend harsh edges with this brush.....(below)
It's literally the perfect size for blending on the nose, or streaking your face with a darker shade of cream for contouring. The sky is the limit ladies...the limit!
I hope you all enjoyed this edition of "IS IT WORTH THE HYPE" , if there is something you'd like for me to review, please comment below! I'm always open to suggestions! I would love to hear if you tried these brushes and if you're in to them or not, don't hesitate to drop me a comment! Thanks for reading! Until nextime ....
My friend Kristal Winter launched her own botanical based skincare and makeup line here in Winnipeg, Manitoba a few years ago, and she was kind enough to give me a few samples of her products! Her products are currently not available in stores just yet but if you wanted to drop her an email, she can get some products sent out to you! She sometimes does pop up shops in local Winnipeg stores to advertise and market her products, and I absolutely love the fact that all her products are made here in Canada :)
I was forutnate to have a Hawaii layover last week which allowed me to test out the products to see how they worked on my skin in the hot weather as well as the cold ( WINTERPEG, Manitoba). Here's a little history on the type of skin I have: I have combination skin which is usually normal to oily skin, but definitely on the dryer side in the winter. I often get these stubborn dry patches on my skin causing minor flaking which gives me not option but to apply a whack load of moisturizer on.
Okay ! So I was given 5 skin care products to try out, I'll review each product in the above photo from top to bottom.
WASH (Chamomile Facial Wash) - I found the texture of this face wash creamy, and when washing it off, it left my face feeling soft, as if serum was left on my skin after washing. The scent was pleasant, it had a light scent that wasn't overwhelming. I'm actually not used to cleansers that don't make my skin feel like every ounce of makeup has been removed as in a squeaky clean feel, but I was pleased to say that this face wash removed all my left over makeup that my moist makeup remover facial cloth didn't remove which I tested with the toner.
PROTECT (Jojoba Day Moisturizer) - I used this moisturizer in the heat and in the cold. It's a nice light moisturizer, not quite heavy like a cream moisturizer would be. For my skin it worked best in warmer weather (e.g., spring and summer) than colder winter weather. I tend to have really dry skin in the the winter months so I definitely need a heavier cream moisturizer that'll seep into my skin. It had a nice smell that again wasn't overpowering which is something I look for in skincare products.
EXFOLIATE (Mint Exfoliating Facial Polish) - This product was definitely my favourite! It had tiny exfoliating beads that gently exfoliated all the crummy little dry skin cells off my face! I especially loved how tiny the beads were and gently it was on my skin. The smell? Amazing. It was a refreshing minty smell that left my face feeing soft, smooth and ready for the serum!
FIRM (Face & Eye Serum) - First of all I loved how she marketed this product as a face AND eye serum all in one. Less bottles means less hassle for me! I lathered this product al lover my face after I toned it of course, and it dried up nice and quick for my my next application - the moisturizer. This specific product didn't really have any scent to it at all, which is nice when you're piling up your skin with countless scented products from cleansers to toners etc.
TONE (Botanical Firming Toner) - I'm so bad with using toners, I tend to get lazy with this step but it's so necessary to use when you wear foundation! I applied a small amount of this toner on a cotton ball and it wasn't drying to my face at all ! No harsh smell, and no drying alcohol feel. My favourite part about using any toner is flipping the nasty cotton pad to see how dirty my skin was and to see the left over makeup that was left by my cleanser. I was pleasantly surprised that I did not have any dirt not that cotton pad! Honestly, that rarely happens ! I couldn't even believe it that I had to take my Lancome toner o see if what I was seeing was right. I swabbed my face with my current toner and I couldn't believe my eyes...no dirt on the cotton pad. This clearly meant that the UNYQUE cleanser did it's job and removed every ounce of makeup off my skin. Bravo Kristal...Bravo!! :)
I hope you enjoyed this review on UNYQUE Beauty products, if you have any questions about her botanical skin care line, please feel free to send her an email at email@example.com Instagram: unyque_beauty !
We all have those days when we look in the mirror and think to ourselves... "DAMN...YOLO on FOOD this week was a baaaaad idea". You over ate, and now you feel like it's showing. Well have no fear, I am here to share with you some of my favourite body slimming tricks to get you through those rough days!
TIP #1 : Wear darker clothes. Duh! The darker the material, the more slimming the effect it is. However having said that, your whole outfit does not need to be black. Wear the darker clothing item on the part of your body you're most conscious about (eg. Arms? Opt for a darker quarter sleeved top paired with your favourite jeans. Legs? Opt of a darker pant paired with a nice gem colored blouse).
TIP #2: Wrap dresses and tops are your best friend. If you don't know what a wrap shirt is, just picture a robe cut in half with a tie on the waist. The wrap shirts give the illusion of a slimmer stomach allowing the focus to be on how small the waist is. Try looking for a top with a plunging neckline, it'll also steer away looks on the stomach and more on the slim neckline.
TIP #3: Seamless body shapers like the brand SPANX can be a girl's best friend. Just embrace the body shapers, they are heaven sent pieces for us clothing conscious ladies! There are amazing body shapers available at almost all department stores from full body suits or a simply body shaping tank top. These shapers help the body look slim, smooth and stay put !
TIP #4: We all have our favourite pair of jeans, and although the skinny jeans are trending, they are not always the most slimming. In my opinion, I believe that there is nothing more un flattering than that pesky muffin top. Try to opt for a straight leg jean that tapers in the end ( a little less than a true boot cut) . This will look more flattering on the body, and again always opt for a darker wash denim. Try not to wear boots like UGGS that often cut the leg, opt for a boot that you can either tuck under your denim or a cute ankle boot that gives the illusion of long legs!
TIP #5: Find the right jacket to wear over jeans. I have a black vintage ESCADA blazer that hits just below my waist and I think it is at the perfect length for my body shape which I believe is more curvy. Narrow lapels of a blazer counteract those excess curves that we don't want shown. Don't close the jacket, keep it open and show off the gorgeous blouse or tee that you're sporting underneath it. I love wearing this blazer with a white V-neck loose boyfriend tee and a shorter necklace to finish off the look. The shorter necklace will bring more attention to my face and not on anything else I don't want people looking at. Lol.
I hope you enjoyed this post and found my tips useful! If you have some tips of your own, I'd love to hear them! And remember, you are beautiful regardless of all the tips above.
Just a little history for those who don't know who Karl Lagerfeld is......
He is the head designer and creative director of the fashion house Chanel as well as the Italian house Fendi and his own fashion label, Karl Lagerfeld. I was so excited to find his fashions available for purchase here in Canada at The Bay! He has clothes as well as accessories such as purses and wallets from his line that are available at The Bay. I was fortunate enough to receive a KL tee for Christmas from my sis!
Ok now back to how I received this gorgeous blazer for FREE!
Back when I co-owned Paperdoll Clothing (2011-2016) with my good friend Marlette, we decided to have a section in our boutique for vintage luxury brands such as Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld, YSL, St John ...and the list went on. We had women from all walks of life ask us to have their luxury goods sold at our boutique . I purchased numerous vintage luxe items from one particular woman who consigned clothing pieces to us that she pretty much gave this jacket to me for free along with the other items I purchased! I can't particularly say how much I paid for this item because she gave it to me at a discounted rate..but all I can say is that she might as well have given it to me for free. How could I say no? This stunning multi coloured Karl Lagerfeld wool blazer has minimal lining and a more casual tailored look. It is definitely suitable for warmer spring or fall days.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Now tell me, what is the best vintage find that you scored? Comment below!
I've had long hair for about 15 years now and I don't' think I plan on giving myself a brand new do for a while. I actually rocked the hair bob in most of my high school days if you can believe it! Like most girls, my hair is my security blanket. It's what I know which makes it easier for me to deal with. I've had the few odd haircuts when my hair reached a couple inches after my shoulder but that was definitely not something I wanted, a new hairdresser I tried took off more inches than I asked for.
Over the past 7 years I found myself colouring my hair from light brown, to medium , to reddish brown to black. I'm definitely loving the dark (almost black) hair color that I have right now. The tips of my hair are definitely the driest, which is usually the case of any girl who once bleached her hair blonde. But with a few simple tips that you can incorporate in your day to day routines, you'll be well on your way to long healthy hair. Here are some tips of mine that allow me to grow my hair long and almost 90% healthy (considering it was bleached a few years ago).
TIP #1: DO NOT wash your hair every day. ( I wash my hair every 2-3 days sometimes I try and push 4 days if I know I'm going to use a hair mask. It all depends on when I'm heading to work and the event I'm going on. I alway use dry shampoo in between washes when necessary. I also only y use dry shampoo once before I wash my hair, never on the 2nd and then the 3rd day - if you know what i mean)
TIP #2: TAKE MULTI VITAMINS or hair supplements if you don't already..... I'm currently taking prenatal vitamins which are jammed packed with all sorts of vitamins in one capsule (trying to be on top the of the game in case my husband and I get pregnant..hehe). Biotin promotes growth of existing hair which then allows the production keratin, which then helps increase your hair's elasticity. Niacin (Vitamin B3)promotes blood circulation to the scalp. ... Vitamin B12 helps promote the transportation of oxygen to the scalp and follicles.
TIP #3: USE A WIDE TOOTH COMB before combing your hair with a bush. It'll cause less damage, and will be wayyyy easier to untangle.
TIP #4: If you're trying to grow you hair, and would like it to grow at a faster rate.... use organic castor oil as well as cold pressed coconut oil to create a make on your hair. Use equal parts, leave on for a minimum of 30 minutes before washing. If you're finding it's too hard to wash out, use a clarifying shampoo to wash it out.
TIP #5: If you're a hair dryer freak like myself and using a dryer is a must...dry your hair until it's only half wet and air dry the rest, or vice versa. It'll cause less damage if you're using heat on your hair. Try using the cool setting most of the time when you dry your hair. Using a blow dryer can be quite damaging to your hair when not properly used. I try to air dry my hair on days I'm staying in.
TIP #6: If you're really committed to growing you hair, try to avoid using any harsh chemicals for styles like perms, crimping, chemically or mechanically straightening, curling, and bleaching or repeatedly coloring hair. These treatments definitely weaken hair strands and stress hair follicles, leading to increased hair breakage and even hair loss. It's hard ...I know...
TIP #7: A doctor told me once that hormones play a big deal with the growth of our hair, so a healthy diet is a must! Having a lot of amino acids and protein in your diet will definitely help.
TIP #8: Invest in good hair products (shampoo, oils, creams, etc) . That is all.
TIP #9 : Trim your hair every couple months... I'm not saying take an inch off every month, just get rid of those nasty frizzy, dead ends. I sometimes do mine myself now that my hair is so long (don't tell my hair stylist Sita that though..hehe sorry Sita if you're reading this!).
Tip #10: Being flight attendant, we have many hair limitations. The company I work for does not allow us to have our hair grazing our shoulders if it is let down which means I always have to have my hair up. Throughout the years, I've hand terrible headaches, because of how long my hair has been tied up for, the follicles are being stressed with the constant pulling from my hair tie. I found a few ways to style my hair so I can let my hair tie be a little loose, not causing that god awful headache I get.
PRODUCTS I CURRENTLY LURRRRVE :
Now that OUAI has launched and is available at Sephora... my life has become so much easier. I can see light at the end of the tunnel! The texturizing spray as Jen Atkin (C.E.O of OUAI) would describe it is if a dry shampoo and a hair spray had a baby. That is exactly what it is ! It gives amazing texture to the hair allowing to be moveable, and styled throughout the day! It also smells soo damn good. Like so good. As far as the finishing creme goes, you only need 2 pearl sized amounts for it to start working. It smoothes the frizz on your ends like no other. The wave spray is awesome for those days you want to rock the wavy beach hair looks. Spray on while hair is damp, and allow to air dry. What I love about this product is that it doesn't give you the crunchy, hair sprayed beach wave look. You hair looks bouncy and smooth and best of all...not frizzy. I'm still waiting to purchase the foam dry shampoo that OUAI came out with a month ago, I know it's going to surpass my expectations! Until then.....
I've been using the BATISTE XXL Volume dry shampoo for about 3 years now and I absolutely love it. You definitely have to be careful with this one in this one in the sense that it will leave a powder reside on your hair if it is not properly massaged into the hair. I found that spraying it on a teasing brush first, then teasing my hair with it gives way more volume as well as less white powder residue. If you haven't tried this product yet, try it! Then.... thank me later :)
I've been using this wide metal tooth comb for roughly 15 years now, and it must say that I can't live without it! I purchased it in the Philippines on my last trip there and one of my best friends was kind enough to bring 6 back of me in different sizes! I can't find these combs anywhere in North America, so if you do find it... share it with your girlfriends who have long hair, they'll love you forever! They detangle your hair like no ones business and best off it doesn't cause static. Has anyone else tried this comb? If so, how do you like it?
I'd love to hear some of your hair tricks and tips, please share ANY below! Thanks for reading :)