Rediscovering your personal style after having a baby can be tough and overwhelming. Trust me. I know, I'm a new mom, and although I have a passion for fashion, I've had my fair share of days/weeks where all I wanted to do was live in my husband's tees. I often felt like it was overwhelming and intimidating to put together a fashionable outfit to wear , especially with all the physical changes going on with my body. But when I started feeling like myself again (around the time my son turned 5 months), I started befriending my old clothes again and altered my style to fit my changing body.
Don't get me wrong, there are days when I am in zombie mode and I cannot put together a decent outfit for the life of me. It's common in mommyhood, and you know what? That's OK ! We're tired and literally doing EVERYTHING in our power to keep our babies healthy, happy and fed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing sweats....just don't live in them. You'll feel like a new woman in a confident boosting outfit.
I mean, you're already stuck at home being puked on, spit on, and god knows when the last time you ran a brush through your hair was. So why not practice some self-care for your own sanity and put on an outfit that'll make you feel like you're invincible? It takes minimal planning if you can remember these tips:
1. Find a pair of jeans that fit. If you have to go up a few sizes, then so be it. I know it can sometimes be discouraging finding new sizes when your old jeans don't fit, but who cares! Your body did something miraculous and you should be extremely proud of yourself. Wearing the right pair of jeans for your body type will not only feel more comfortable, but will accentuate and flatter your body in the right way. I always opt for a dark pair of skinny jeans for my body type. Dark pants will always give an illusion of being slimmer and taller. Ask an associate which pair they can recommend for your body type, you've got nothing to lose.
2. The French Tuck. Thanks to our friends from the show QUEER EYE (my current addiction) , the french tuck term is now a thing! What does it mean exactly? It's simply tucking in half your shirt in the front to help elongate the look of your legs! I'm absolutely in love with this and definitely do it with my tees all the time. It's a simple thing you can do to look put together. Add a belt and accessorize!
3. Throw on a cute scarf! It's summer time and you're probably thinking..."Sarah, you're nuts!" I'm not talking pashmina scarves. I'm talking silk, or chiffon short scarves that you can tie around your neck as an added accessory! Throw on a cute blazer, a white tee, a pair of jeans and out the door you go!
4. Accessorize ! Jewelry is the best way to help bring your outfit to life! If you're in a rush and all you have time to throw on is a simple like a plain tee and and pair of jeans, why not throw on a gorgeous pair of flashy earrings? I'm loving the look of tassel earrings at the moment. They're fun, and very pleasing to the eye. If earrings aren't of you, why not throw on that gorgeous statement necklace that's been waiting to come out of your drawer? It'll add a nice touch to an outfit you're looking to jazz up. TIP: Don't wear a pair of flashy earrings, an oversized necklace and a huge cuff bracelet all together. Make sure you balance your pieces. When it comes to statement jewelry, less is more so pick your favourite piece and stick to one statement piece.
5. A red lip never hurt nobody. Sometimes a bright, fun lipstick color like red or fuscia can really put a look together. Don't put on a lot of makeup, just throw on bright color red or pink toned lipstick, some mascara, a hint of blush and you're golden!
6. Layer up. Sadly, fall is around the corner and summer will be over for us soon here in Canada. But on the flip side, I LIVE FOR FALL FASHION and all the layering that is involved with it! Layering clothes can definitely be challenging for some, but don't let that intimidate you. Play with textures, patterns and different kinds of fabrics. It's best to stay within 2-3 colors when layering your clothes to make it look cohesive. For starters, try layering a light sweater over a collared shirt. Slightly roll up the sleeves exposing the collared shirt sleeves and pop on your favourite pair of jeans. Once you get the hang of layering, you too will fall in love with the art of layering! Remember, accessories like jewelry always add a nice touch to outfits!
7. Get a new do. Whether it's coloring your hair a new shade, or hacking off a few inches, it's an amazing feeling to get a haircut! Something as simple as this can make you feel like a new woman.
In the end, it's all about how you feel about yourself. Wear whatever makes you feel good about yourself because there are no rules! Remember, you can't take care of another person if you don't take care of yourself first. You deserve some self care too mama!
Whether you have dry skin, oily skin, combination skin, sensitive skin or acne prone skin, it's crucial to always have a good skin care routine. I'm excited to share with you some of my well kept skin care secrets to having clear skin! Here are a few of my feel good skin care tips ! Take these into account for your day to day skin care regimen !
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! I know you've heard it before, but I can't stress enough how important drinking water is for your skin! Did you know that water keeps your skin looking and feeling plump? It plays a huge role in getting rid of nasty toxins in your skin and also helps prevent acne! Drink up my friends.... water that is!
2. Make sure to find a good cleanser. When cleansing your face, it is important that ALL of the dirt and impurities are removed before bed. The only way to test a good cleanser is using toner after you've cleansed your face and seeing what's left behind on the cotton pad. Leaving any dirt or residue from your makeup or environmental factors can lead to breakouts! If you're on a budget, I recently a moisturizer that won't break the bank. Try CERAVE daily cleanser! My friend Katie informed me that it's much cheaper to purchase it at Costco! I've been using this cleanser for roughly 3 months and I absolutely love it. Dermatologists recommend it and it also contains ceramics with hyaluronic acid that helps keep your skin looking young and plump. You can't go wrong with an amazing cleanser that costs less than $11.00 !
3. Use a jade roller! I decided to purchase the jade roller 2 years ago when I saw one of my favorite fashionista use it in one of her videos ( @BagSnob ). I've been loving it since day 1 ! I've been rolling it on my face in the evening before bed and I truly feel like it has helped my skin look youthful! It helps with blood circuclation, de-puffs eye bags and as well as helps the absorption of my serums and night creams. How to use a jade roller : gently roll over entire face and neck once your've put on your serum in a gentle back and forth motion. I found my jade roller on Amazon. You can also find inexpensive ones on Ebay :) TIP : Keep your jade roller in the fridge! The cool feeling does wonders on your skin! Try it, you won't regret it.
4. Apply your moisturizer with a flat foundation brush. I know, I know, this is an extra step you really don't want to do when you're in a rush. But trust me! Your skin will thank you in the long run! All that pulling that's being done by your finger tips is only causing more unnecessary WRINKLES. The brush will gently move the moisturizer around your face without all that added pulling.
5. Maskin and relaxin. It's really important to do a face mask on your skin at least once a week. It helps unclog your pores, hydrate the skin, cleanse the impurities left behind on the skin and it is very relaxing! Do yourself a favor and mask it, light up a candle and pour yourself a big glass of wine. You deserve it!
6. Moisturizers with SPF. Sunscreen plays a huge part in preventing skin care damage and wrinkles! Without using sunscreen for even a year is enough to cause major sun damage. It's important to find the right facial moisturizer with sunscreen in it for your skin type. Ask the gals at the counter which one will best suit your skin type! If you love to bake in the sun, maybe it's best incorporate a few "fake and bake" days so you don't add unnecessary damage to your skin. Make sure you're dousing your face with SPF moisturizer during the hot summer days at the beach! Some of you may read this and still won't bother buying a moisturizer with SPF in it... lol. Well, can you at least purchase a foundation or face powder that has SPF in it? Maybe a BB Cream or a CC cream with SPF in it? Hate me now, but you'll thank me later.
7. Massage your face. When putting on your daily moisturizers, very gently massage your face with he tips of your fingers in circular motions. This will help circulate the blood flow that gives you that natural glow! It also drives oxygen to that area which plays a key role for of anti aging.
I hope you all enjoyed my skin care tips! Please give me the ins on some of your skin care secrets, I'm always on the hunt for ways to better my skin care regimen!
First, I'd like to say that this post is neither sponsored or paid by any of the brands that I mentioned!
Drugstore brands have been stepping up their game and consumers like myself couldn't be more happier! I'm so glad they're finally realizing the type of competition they're dealing with since stores like Sephora and Ulta have opened. I started dabbling with drugstore products roughly 3 years ago when my best gal pals Kristine showed me how amazing the L’Oréal INFALLIBLE Pro Matte foundaton (shown below was)!
L’Oréal released it's INFALLIBLE line roughly 3 years ago which now includes Pro- Matte option as well as a Pro-Glow option. Whether you're going for that porcelain matte look or that J-Lo dewy look, these 2 foundations will not let you down! I'm absolutely in love with them and they'll definitely be a staple in my makeup bag for years to come ! The cost of these 2 foundations are roughly $15 each, depending where you shop for them. Tip: for the pro- matte foundation, use a damp beauty sponge to apply it on your skin in a dabbing motion.
Another foundation my friend Kristine suggested to me was the Maybelline Matte + Poreless foundation ! It is definitely one of my go to daily foundations! It's creamy texture never leaves my skin looking cakey and I absolutely love how easy it is to apply this foundation when using a dense foundation brush. It's buildable coverage is quite convenient and a little definitely goes a long way. I would consider this foundation to be medium- full coverage, and thankfully, I have not broken out once with either of these 3 foundations!
This Physicians Formula Butter Bronze is amazing. It's a great dupe for Benefit's HOOLA bronzer and it's about half the price of it. This specific color matches well with my light-medium skin tone, and it's definitely buildable. The best part of this bronzer is it's coconut scent! I literally need to take a whiff of it every time I use it. It's that good! [Rough cost $14)
If you're looking for a pressed powder or or a loose powder to set your foundation, these two powders work pretty awesome. The coverage is light to medium, and again very buildable. Maybelline's FIT ME line has been coming through for me and I'm so excited to try more of this line! Tip: When using any loose finishing powder, make sure to use a setting spray on top of it so you can reduce the powdery look on your skin. It'll help melt the products on your skin making it look extra flawless.
This highlighter is basically going to give you life. Not only is it extremely affordable, but it is almost better than a few high end highlighters I've used! It's quite comparable to the BECCA Cosmetics Champagne Pop highlighter that costs roughly $40 while the cost of this highlighter is around $12.
Airspun's Translucent Powder is pretty great loose powder for baking under your eyes, chin and forehead! The only thing that is frustrating is that it is only available in the U.S and not in Canada. If you're dying to try it, you can find it on Amazon for about double the price at a whopping $21 CAD. If you were to purchase this product in the states these loose powders roughly cost you $7 USD ( $11 CAD). Special thanks to my cousin Melissa from San Diego who always grabs a few for us when she visits!
L’Oréal's Voluminous Original mascara was one of the very first mascara's I have ever owned! I remember using this mascara all throughout junior high and high school! I recently decided to go back to it when I saw my favourite youtuber Roxette Arisa use it in her tutorail. I remembered how much I loved it in my early makeup days and decided to re-purchase it. I'm definitely going back to this mascara because I absolutely love the brush! It doesn't clump my lashes together and it is extremely volumizing. I definitely notice a difference int he length and volume of my lashes once it's on.
NYX COSMETICS came out with a soft matte lip cream a few years back and I am telling you....the formula is like no other matte cream lippie that I have ever owned ( and I own aaaallooooot) ! It's definitely not one of those lip creams that dry your lips and need a box of tissues to remove. The color is buildable and they have such an amazing collection of colors to choose from! My favourite color is ABU DHABI ( my everyday nude color), MOROCCO ( a nice summer bright orange), PRAGUE ( a beautiful berry fuscia that I wore on my wedding day) and COPENHAGEN ( a gorgeous burgundy, perfect for fall). [Cost: $8.99]
Hard Candy's GLAMOUFLAGE concealer is super pigmented, high coverage and a great dupe to Kat Von D's lock it tattoo concealer! This concealer has been a staple in my makeup routine for the past 10 years! It's my favourite concealer to use to carve out my brows to achieve the perfect shape! You can literally cover tattoos with this concealer, it's amazing ! [Cost : $5.99 ]
Please excuse my dirty brushes lol. Real Technique's brushes are so affordable and so high quality ! I haven't had to replace a real techniques brush that I've owned in over 2 years. Their brushes are extremely soft and glide on perfectly one the face, allowing products to blend effortlessly! [ Average cost per brush $5-$7]. They also came out with their own blending sponge that works just as amazing as the high end beauty blender and costs less than half the price !
I have tried TONS of high end cleansers and moisturizer that used to cost me $40 for a 100ml tube that I was literally burning through in about 2 months. It just was getting a bit too expensive for me, especially since my husband uses my cleansers and moisturizers lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely still in love with my LANCOME cream cleanser and High Resolution moisturizer, but I've decided to use these products along with my luxe Lancome products in rotation to make it a smidge more cost friendly lol. Both Cerave's moisturizer and hydrating cleanser is extremely lightweight with little to no smell! It works perfectly for my normal to oily skin even though it's used for those who have normal to dry face lotion contains ceramics as well as hyaluronic acids which help keep your skin looking plump and young ! I've been using these products for roughly 2 months now and I couldn't be happier! It hasn't broken me out once and the lightweight moisturizer is perfect of our hot summer weather. You also get 355ml of product for $10 at Costco! Now you can't go wrong with that! You have nothing to lose by trying this out, if you don't like it...return it at Costco - they have an amazing return policy.
I hope you all enjoyed this blog post as much as I did writing it for you all. I honestly feel like I could have kept going and adding more products to this post, but maybe I think I'll save it for a future post! If you like blog posts like this, please leave me a comment and let me know so I can do more for you all in the near future! ALSO.....Please comment below and let me know what your favourite drug store product is! I would LOOOOVE to know!! Thanks for reading!
Province Apothecary is a Canadian based company located in Toronto, Ontario ! They are an organic skincare line that carries a wide range of products from eye serums to botanical perfumes! I want to first mention that I am a huge fan of their skincare. I received a gift from my sister that included the moisturizing cleanser and remover, invigorating toner and rejuvenating face serum and I absolutely loved it.
The lovely team at Province Apothecary (P.A) were kind enough to send me a few of the items I absolutely loved such as the moisturizing cleanser, rejuvenating + hydrating face serum! A couple items they were kind enough to add in my package were the their 100% organic cotton cloth as well as a healing eczema balm.
From left to right (top photo)
1. Rejuvenating + Hydrating Face Serum
2. Moisturizing Cleanser + Make up Remover
3. Healing Eczema Balm
4. Enhancing + Replenishing Eye Serum
Rejuvenating + Hydrating Face Serum : I fell in love with this product by my 3rd use . Why? It kept my skin extremely moisturized throughout the night and into the morning up until my makeup application ! I always thought that serums were supposed to be a bit more on the "liquidy" side as opposed to a thicker formula like oil but boy was I wrong! I've been enjoying using this product on my skin right and I'm definitely keeping it in my night time regimen.
Healing Eczema Balm : I loved that Apothecary created a product that combats Eczema. I myself, have patches of Eczema that flare up on the knuckles of right hand in the colder months of our Canadian climate. I was skeptical of this balm seeing that I haven't found many that have worked on my skin but let me tell you..this product for me was a game changer. Here is a before and after picture of my knuckles!
The first photo was taken on May 23rd, 2018 and the second on June 10th, 2018 !
I purposely didn't add any lotion or moisturizers to my skin in the second photo to show you that the dry patches are gone. This balm contains zinc and calendula in it which is an active ingredient that helps relieve itchy skin. I highly suggest this product to those who have skin irritations.
The size of the product is literally the size of a lip balm canister, a convenient carry in your front pocket. Applied by hand, the balm itself is is neither thick or oily on skin, which is good news- you don't find yourself thinking if you are going to find an oily patched stain on your cute new blouse!
Long story short: This product is the Balm (pun intended).
Moisturizing Cleanser + Makeup Remover: I have never seen a product like this until it was gifted to my by my sister. I was always used to cleansing my face with a make up remover cloth followed by cleanser that had the consistency of lotion so you can imagine me trying this product for the first time when receiving it. I just wanted to quickly quote what their website states about this product :
"Our Moisturizing Cleanser + Make Up Remover with Avocado & Raspberry Oil is great for all skin types. These hydrating oils remove make up & excess oil, restoring your skin’s natural radiance while gently cleansing without over-drying your skin or destroying its natural pH. Raspberry Oil stimulates cell turnover, rejuvenating skin. Bergamot Oil clears congestion. Frankincense tones the skin. Lavender heals blemishes and works as a restorative. This essential oil blend calms, reduces stress, and relaxes your parasympathetic nervous system. Our cleanser helps your skin stay nourished, balanced, and healthy" . (Source: https://provinceapothecary.com/collections/face-body/products/moisturizing-cleanser-make-up-remover)
Now back to my review -- this cleanser is literally one of the and make up remover is definitely one of the coolest items I've added to my night time regimen. I absolutely love that it adds the extra moisture to my skin without drying it out like most cleansers tend to do. It literally adds a layer of added moisturizer to my skin which I think is amazing because who doesn't want the extra moisturizer? When you go to sleep at night, your skin starts to starts to repair and regenerate your skin cells as well as absorb the products your put on it. Your skin is definitely more receptive to certain products so make sure you're putting on high quality products and ingredients that will give you the best maximum impact and improve your skin's appearance. I also love that his product is full of essential oils that help fight stress because I can use all the stress relievers, especially as a new mom ( I love you to pieces Dominic...) !
Enhancing + Replenishing Eye Serum : Again, there is nothing I love more than a hydrating eye serum. This product is an oil based eye serum that contains 13 active whole plant ingredients to benefit those tired looking mommy eyes like mine. I found that this particular eye oil sinks in immediately, so you can still apply concealer over top IF you wanted to. I apply this on my under eyes right before bed followed by the hydrating and rejuvenating face serum. It's light enough that they won’t cause milia or other tiny breakouts in this sensitive zone which was one of my concerns. It's natural ingredients definitely helped soothe and de-puff my zombie tired looking eyes a lot better than products I've used in the past! I'm in love, love, love!!
Thank you Province Apothecary for making amaaaaaaazing organic skin care products!! If you're interested in trying any of these products, please be sure to check out www.provinceapothecary.com !
Tiber River Naturals is a company based out of my hometown Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada! They make amazing, safe and natural products from skin care, baby products and cleaning products ! Also all their products are hand-made with their own special formulas and manufactured locally on a daily basis. I first wanted to mention that I am a huge fan of the Tiber River Naturals products. I was first introduced to their products when my sister purchased a few soaps for my birthday! My favorites are Espresso Yourself soap and SOS soap. I have very sensitive skin during the winter and it seems to calm it down when I have flare ups!
These products were kindly given to me by the Tiber River Naturals team and I couldn't be happier with the products they gave me to try! Let's start off with these 2 baby products they added on to my PR package!
It was super sweet of Tiber River Naturals to give me products for my 6 month old son. Now that I am a mother, I am very conscious about what I put on my skin since I'm always smothering my son with kisses! I would never want to irritate his skin, especially if I can take preventative measures.
The Bottoms Up Tiber Baby products smell aaahmaaazing ( BTW: that word I just used will be used quite frequently in this review...just saying). It has a light camomile and lavender smell to it, not overpowering at all. What I loved most about the body lotion is that I was able use it on my son's bottom for his diaper rash! I was ecstatic to read on their website that this product could also be used on diaper rashes! It didn't irritate his skin at all, and I was careful to try a little at first just to make sure. I wish that all parents would switch to chemical free products for their babies and children, it's truly the safest route for them !
I'm actually really into this product right now...I've used a lot of dry powder shampoos in the past and I found they left a ton of residue on my hair after using it for weeks. I tested this product out and found it left very minimal residue on my scalp. It's quite normal for residue to stick around from products like these but I'm happy it's not a lot!
This cleaners works pretty amazing for people who have normal-oily skin ! I as well as my husband who also has normal-oily skin and we both found that it was a very nice light cleanser without an overpowering smell. I very much enjoyed it!
This shower shake body cleanser smells aaaamaazing .... I mean...it has a very clean smell with a hint of citrus! Love the small exfoliating beads in it that leaves my skin soft and smooth! A nice little prep before putting on their amazing body lotion in Lemon Drops and Muffin Tops!
PEOPLE. This bubbilicious shampoo.......... O M G. In my previous post on my INSTA-Stories, I noted that this particular shampoo will make any child want to SHOWER EVERY DAY. Children get lazy, they get bored, they get annoyed of showering, clearly they have better things to do...but not in this case. THIS PRODUCT is a game changer. I wanted to eat my hair, it smelt so yummy!! I literally wanted to chew on the shampoo. GET IT !!!
This was a very nice, light moisturizer! Another product that is perfect for those who have normal to oily skin! It's not extremely thick and doesn't add on the extra oil that some heavy duty moisturizers leave on your face! It also has a nice, light non-overpowering scent to it!
Lemon drops and muffin tops ya'll. I can't stop putting this body butter on!! It feels so luxurious on your skin, especially after a nice warm shower! I also love how the smell stays on your skin all night, it'll definitely get you points with your significant other..hehe. It truly smells like a lemon poppyseed muffin. I can't get enough of it! It's buttery smooth texture will make anyone fall in love with it.
This green tonic spray is quite heavenly. It doesn't have an overpowering smell, and I love that it's main ingredient in it is green tea! How amazing is it to put all those antioxidants on your face and be able to leave it all day? This is such a refreshing step in my skin regimen that I can't live without it now!
The Bellini & Zucchini Lemon Peel soaps are so yummy smelling! I feel like that is the theme of this whole blog post? Tiber River does an amazing job formulating the scents of their soaps! It literally makes you want to stay in the shower ALL DAY LONG! These soaps give you that squeaky clean fell feel that I absolutely live for. Out Darn Spot laundry bar soaps is SOOOOOOO cool! ! I absolutely love that it's used to take stubborn stains off clothing without using harsh chemicals! I used this on my son's clothing full of baby food and it worked amazing! Simply run water on the garment, rub this on, leave it on for a few minutes, give it a little lather and rinse off! This product is a great product to throw in your travel bag if you're going on a trip! No bulk whatsoever :)
Tiber River Naturals... take my money. Their superb natural products are so original and the fact that all their products are safe for our skin is such a bonus. You won't be disappointed! If you're wanting to try any of these products in this post, check out www.tiberriver.ca! Comment below if you have any questions on the products I blogged about in this post! I'd be happy to let you know any details I didn't include.
LipSense! It's a product that I've been quite curious about! I was super excited to review this product when my friend contacted me about them. I've seen them all over Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, you name it. A few flight attendants that I know are also SeneGence reps, and they've been raving about this product! I'll tell you exactly how I feel about this " long wear " lip product.
On the Lipsense website it states that " LipSense is the premier product of SeneGence and is unlike any conventional lipstick, stain or color. As the original long-lasting lip color, it is waterproof, does not kiss-off, smear-off, rub-off or budge-off! Create your own color palette by combining colors from over 50 shades." (Source - www. lipsense.com) .
According to www.lipsense.com , their products:
- Use naturally reoccurring ingredients
- Are made in the United States for stringent quality control
- Are made in ‘Pharmaceutical Grade’ rated manufacturing facility
- Have NO animal testing and no animal by- products (We use alternative sources)
- Are formulated without drying waxes and harmful lead
- Are All products formulated with FDA approved ingredients
So there you have it's a kiss proof, water proof, won't smear or rub off lipstick...but did it live up to it's marketing and hype?
I received 3 gorgeous colors :
Fire 'N Ice: a cool toned red lipstick with a hint of pink.
Bombshell: a sheer frosty pink champagne like color.
Bella: a universally flattering matte color that falls under the neutral category. It may appear brown or a pink mauve on others. It was definitely more of a pinky mauve on myself.
In the package I also received 2 additional products which helps seal and remove the lip product on your lips. Above shows the gloss that seals the color on your lips, adds a nice gloss and allows your lips to feel moisturized after the 3 applications. The "glossy gloss" is a topcoat which is the most moisturizing out of the 12 gloss options. It contains shea butter which softens and protects the skin. It also has Vitamin E which helps repair dry lips. The "Ooops! Remover" is a corrector in case you make a mistake when applying the the color on your lips (eg. over lining) . It's basically what you suet remove LipSense off of your lips at the end of the day.
The above photos from right to left shows the stages of each application.
Photo #1 : At 10:00am I decided to apply LipSense on my lips since I knew I'd be out all day and I wanted it to be a true review for you all. In this first photo, I unfortunately forgot to keep my mouth open while applying it which is quite crucial when applying the thin layers on your lips. It helps prevent it from looking patchy. You're actually supposed to keep your mouth open and one swipe applications throughout the the application process. I applied Fire 'N Ice in photo.
Photo #2: Another application of Fire'N Ice
Photo #3 & #4 : I decided to add a layer of Bella to give it a deeper mauve color.
Photo #5: I sealed it with the gloss .
Photo #6: I took this photo at 12:30pm after having my tea!
Photo #7: Three hours later, right after eating my greasy, but yummy cheeseburger you can notice that the gloss isn't on anymore? I'm ain't mad at cha' LipSense. My lips stayed moisturized even with the gloss application. I'm not a huge gloss girl anyway so I didn't mind that it looked matte throughout the day. You can totally keep applying gloss throughout the day if you're into shine- it doesn't affect the wear of your lipstick.
Photo #8: 7:00pm ! It's still on ya'll. I'm impressed. With the amount of eating and drinking that I did throughout the entire course of the day, I was certain that LipSense product would have rubbed off by then.
---> FINAL THOUGHTS......
Two words to describe this product- Long lasting. This product is great for anyone who is on the go and have absolutely no time to touch up their lipstick after every meal or beverage. I found that the product stayed on with extremely minimal "wear and tear" after hours of use. I do highly, highly recommend that you use a lip scrub before using this product as it will settle in the dry skin. I would compare this product with lip stains because of the feel it gives on my lips. To my surprise, my lips did not feel dry and did not flake while having this product on for many hours, even after eating ( I was skeptical when I first heard that this kept your lips moisturized throughout the day). Granted that the product works wonderfully - it's durability is it's distinguishing trait. But a word of caution? It can be a bit challenging removing the product at the end of the night with the Ooops Remover. Maybe I'm doing the process all wrong? I would swipe the remover all over my lips, wait a few seconds and remove with a paper towel. I had to repeat this procedure about 3 to 4 times before all the product was off my lips. However, this would not deter me from purchasing this product in the future!
I also love the fact that they have 50 colors that can be mixed one color on top of another? The colors you can create with this product are endless!
If you're in the Winnipeg, Manitoba CANADA area and would like to purchase LipSense products, Please check out Lux AesthetiKa located at 1275 Jefferson Avenue , or visit their website luxaesthetika.com for more information!
I have partnered up with JORD Watches to give you all the chance to win a $100 gift code to use on their website! Their sleek wooden watches make the perfect gift for Mothers Day ...or yourself! Be sure enter the giveaway as soon as possible, the contest ends on May 13th ! I'm absolutely in LOOOOOVE with my Zebra Wood & Champagne JORD Watch ! The gold dial makes for a luxe design as well as the gold dials and hands. The light brown wooden strap casing matches quite well with my casual chic outfits! I couldn't believe how gorgeous the box that the watch came in was, it's absolutely stunning. Here are a few photos of the gorgeous watch I chose from the FRANKIE Collection! Ps. I have a feeling my husband has his eye on this watch...I caught him trying it on the other day! Shhhh....
Here is the link to enter!!! www.jordwatches.com/g/paperdollsarah
Good luck to all the entrants !!!
BORN: November 5th, 2017
Weight: 6 lbs, 14 oz
Height : 52 cm
The labor was long ya'll. It was a whopping 30 hours of labor and about 20 minutes of pushing this little one out! Wow what an experience! I have never been more proud of myself than I was that day. I could not have done it without my amazing husband Jon who stayed awake with me the whole time. The constant encouragement helped me in ways I didn't think was possible. Everyone.. take a moment and welcome my son, Dominic Jude Velasco!
Charmaine truly made our dreams come true with this amazing maternity photoshoot we had with her!